Friday, February 4, 2011

Illustration Friday: "Reverse"


The topic this week on Illustration Friday is "Reverse". I couldn't pass up this one because on page 7 of my mini-comic, Pest Control, I pull a "reversal" of sorts.

We all know that books, and comics (unless it's manga) read from left to right, but in panels 3-5 I make the page read right to left. To help the reader know what just happened I use the sound effect to lead the reader through the R to L transition. I think it works.

A small disclaimer: There WILL BE words on the page. This is still a work in progress, so that's why it's "silent" right now. But, hopefully it still works without the words. Enjoy.

10 comments:

Lori-Lee Thomas said...

BWAHAHAHAHAAHA!! X)

Darice said...

Definitely works! Well done!

Patti said...

looks great.

Mark Harmon said...

Thanks ladies. I'm glad that you like it, and I'm glad that it works. It's always fun to experiment.

poppylocke said...

Brilliant!

Jenn Bower said...

HA! Great fun and I love your comicbook style.

James P Powell said...

Loving this! Great style!

Mark Harmon said...

Thanks everyone. Now I just need a company to PAY me to do it. HAHA!

Nic Lawson said...

heh he very cool! love your style!

Rui Lourenço said...

lol! Nice comic! the motion of the story is great.