Friday, June 22, 2012

Comicification

Comicification (verb): To make something a comic that wasn't.

What am I making into a comic that originally wasn't?

ROBO 6! 

If you don't know, which is probably the case, I did an 8-page kid's picture book story called ROBO 6. It premiered in 8: A Kid's Book Anthology.

Anyways, tabling at Denver Comic Con got me thinking that I need more work on my table that is just mine. Now, don't get me wrong. I love everyone over at illopond.com. My career would not be the same without them. They've played a pretty big part in my creative endeavors for the past 2 years. But, I felt kind of weird selling their work. So, that's why I felt like I need more of just me on the table. So, here is what I'm doing:  I'm turning ROBO 6 into a mini-comic, just like Pest Control. But this time I'm going to print it at the 5x7 "manga" size. So, it will be the same page count as PC, but just physically smaller. Since I'm in the re-vamping mood, I had to redo the logo and cover.

Now the part you've been waiting for, IMAGES! Here are the cover and page 2 side-by-side comparisons of the original and the re-design. Enjoy.



No comments: