Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Anthology Review!


Hey everyone, just wanted to draw your attention to the first review of


The review is from Doctor Q, the media editor for Steampunk Chronicle. While I will admit that he didn't exactly give all of us a glowing review for our stories, he did however commend us on our efforts and what we're trying to accomplish as a group.








". . . I applaud illopond’s efforts immensely in this project. In a world largely dominated by large publishing companies, . . . the concept of this collective as a way for artists to put out short stories together as a theme, but yet still remain true to their own works is brilliant . . ."








But, of course my favorite part of his review was of my baby, Pest Control:

". . .“Pest Control” by Mark Harmon was amazing. So simple a premise, but spot on for theme, execution, and amusement. Easily tied with my favorite of the anthology, and to think this eight page story was Mark’s first comic. I could easily see this premise and story as an ongoing webcomic at the very least, if not a feature graphic novel in its own right. Simply put, it was fun and I’d love to read more of it. It had Octocrabs, a Were-beaver, and more gadgets packed into eight pages than you can name, what’s not to love?"

So there you have it, our first review. Like I said before, he didn't give us all glowing reviews, but I'm pretty dang proud of my comic "brothers-in-arms". I think we did fantastic for our second collaboration and publication. So, what are you waiting for, click on the title above and get yourself a copy. Enjoy.

No comments: