1) You send me photos of the person you want me to draw, whether it's you or someone else. Also, any images from the web that you want me to look at for inspiration or ideas. (Keep in mind that I won't completely copy another artist's work because that's messed up).
2) I send you a rough sketch of your piece. This is the main area where I will make any revisions, if any. I will continue to send rough sketches and revisions until you are happy with where it is going. But I have my limits and will not make revisions forever without compensation.
3) I send you an "inked" piece. I can make minor alterations at this stage, but nothing big.
4) When finished, I will send you a low-resolution, watermarked file for final approval. At this point I can change the color of things, but nothing more.
5) After final approval, you send me payment, either by check in the mail (I'll give you my address at this point) or PayPal.
6) Once I receive payment, I send you the full-resolution file for you to do whatever you want.
Disclaimer: I live in a small town with ZERO printing facilities, so I do not offer any sort of print to mail to you.
Anyways, that's it. Those are my terms of service for commissions. Hope to hear from you soon.